Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Casual Occupational Therapist – Christchurch Hospital
- Casual positions available within a passionate Hospital Occupational Therapy team who are committed to continued professional development
- Provide Occupational Therapy assessment and therapeutic interventions within the acute hospital setting to service users and improve the health and wellbeing of the Canterbury community!
- NZ Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board and Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
- Casual work is available across 7 days
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
Are you looking for flexibility of work hours across the weekdays and weekends with the ability to work and grow your skills across a wide range of inpatient areas. Our Occupational Therapy team are looking for NZ Registered Occupational Therapists to join us on a casual basis working at Christchurch Hospital! While working for us in this capacity we offer you a supportive and professional team that is committed to upskilling across a variety of working areas.
As a casual Occupational Therapist in our team, you’ll provide assessment and therapeutic interventions to service users from diverse backgrounds. These are busy and varied roles with great opportunities to work creatively within a core Occupational Therapy position! Available work hours will differ from week to week depending on what areas need to have cover.
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with patients to enable optimum safety and function during this phase of their recovery. This includes discharge planning and management.
- Working with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and working collaboratively with whanau, the wider multidisciplinary team to ensure the best outcomes;
- Identifying and contributing towards service improvement initiatives
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- Registration with the NZ Occupational Therapy Board and current Annual Practicing Certificate (or eligibility to obtain);
- Experience in discharge management and planning;
- The ability to work autonomously and demonstrate robust decision-making experience within an acute environment;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, the internet and other software programmes relevant to the role;
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work;
- As an effective communicator you will have a positive, engaging and solution focussed attitude to your work.
- We are interested in Occupational Therapists who have had a minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience within an inpatient setting
Mō mātou | About Us
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Jenny Bailey, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.