Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Coordinator of Interpreters
- Permanent full-time position based at Christchurch Hospital
- Leadership, management and coordination of 24/7 Interpreter Service
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Canterbury District Health Board provides a 24 hour a day 7 days a week health interpreting service for inpatient requirements and outpatient appointments. During normal hours this is managed by the Coordinator of Interpreters with the assistance of a part time Interpreters Facilitator. Oversight of the processes for the out of hour service is also the responsibility of this role. You will be located with the Customer Services Team.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership, management, and coordination for the provision of an efficient, effective, patient focused Interpreter Servicefor the CDHB
- Reception duties in the Customer Services Office
Your skills will include:
- Experienced in providing excellent customer services.
- Proven time management skills especially in managing appointments - planning and scheduling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience with the use of electronic systems.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Desire and motivation to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Confidence and awareness in dealing with people of differing cultural backgrounds
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or contact us on careers @cdhb.health.nz
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: 235348
Closing Date: 20 January 2019