Dental Assistants - Community Dental Team
Your New Company
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
Your New Role
The Canterbury DHB’s Community Dental Service provides dental services to nearly 90,000 children aged 0-13 in Canterbury and South Canterbury and supports our colleagues on the West Coast. There are 110 front-line clinical staff who work with modern equipment in 22 mobile dental units and 13 dental clinics.
We’re currently recruiting Dental Assistants to join our team. As a Dental Assistant you’ll work within a close-knit team assisting Dental Therapists to provide oral health care to children in schools and from our community clinics.
Your role will include providing chair-side assistance with general clinical care, processing instruments, managing administrative tasks and scheduling appointments.
Skills & Experience
Excellent communication skills are required in this busy position. You’ll need to be able to build rapport with children and their families. Your ability to communicate well with colleagues and work within a team is vital. You’ll be flexible and able to work in a busy clinic. You’ll also have the ability to adapt to changes within the service and model of care as they arise.
You’ll need sound computer skills and hold a Full NZ driver licence to drive a mobile screening van to local schools.
We’re keen to hear from you if you’re currently working in the dental industry although this is not essential as on the job training is available.
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Hayley Buick, Recruitment Specialist – Allied Health, Phone: (03) 3377961 or email email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at cdhbcareers.co.nz to complete an application.
Job no: 233900
Closing Date: Thursday, 5 July 2018