Dental/Oral Health Therapist - Experienced and New Graduates
Your New Company
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
Your New Role
The Canterbury DHB’s Community Dental Service provides dental services to nearly 90,000 children aged 0-13 in Canterbury and South Canterbury and supports our colleagues on the West Coast. There are 110 front-line clinical staff who work with modern equipment in 22 mobile dental units and 13 dental clinics.
You will be working in community and school settings, with children and their families/whānau, you’ll have the opportunity to work with diverse patient groups and manage a wide variety of oral health problems. You will be a reflective practitioner who embraces innovation and advances in clinical practice and will enjoy working in a team alongside other skilled dental/oral health therapists and assistants.
- Supported by a new clinical leadership team we will provide a supported orientation package
- We will help you to develop a personal professional development program and career pathway that improves your job satisfaction and improves outcomes for patients
- A quality-driven environment.
- A supported and mentored entry to practice program for new grads
- “Something for You”— an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little something for you.
What You Will Bring to the Role
The Community Dental service is looking for NZ registered Dental/Oral Health Therapists and final year students to join our teams covering Canterbury and South Canterbury. You should hold a full NZ Driver’s license or be able to provide evidence that you are working towards this and have the ability to work in New Zealand.
We have full time and part time positions available either located in Christchurch City, Timaru or Lincoln. Please let us know in your cover letter which positions you would be interested in.
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
What to Do Now
Apply online now!
Enquiries should be directed to Hayley Buick, Recruitment Specialist, and email: Hayley.Buick@cdhb.health.nz.Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at cdhbcareers.co.nz to complete an application and download a position description
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: 233656
Location: Lincoln, Timaru, Ashburton, Christchurch
Closing Date: Apply Now!