Executive Director of Allied Health Scientific & Technical – CDHB & WCDHB
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role
Health services in Canterbury continue to transform and we have another exciting opportunity to reshape the way we operate, leading and developing Allied Health Scientific and Technical services that will sustain us well into the future.
We have a rare opportunity due to internal movement for you to join the Executive Team of The Canterbury District Health Board and West Coast District Health Board as the Executive Director of Allied Health Scientific and Technical. You will lead and seek to redesign the delivery of integrated health care in our duel DHB model. Reporting to the CEO of the CDHB and WCDHB, you will work in partnership with the Board of Directors, Executive Team, Senior Leadership Teams of our major services, our Allied Health, Scientific and Technical Workforce and other District Health Boards to transform systems and develop a skilled and resourced workforce at the forefront of inter-disciplinary care. Heading a dynamic team of Clinicians, you will shine a light on Allied Health, Scientific and Technical professions ensuring their centrality in the planning, implementation and delivery of services. You will be based at our Corporate Office in the Central City but working with our services across Canterbury and the West Coast.
Skills & Experience
Your expertise in leading service and/or professional change will guide ours teams forward and break down clinical and knowledge silos to ensure that patients benefit from quality, coordinated and timely care. We are seeking an experienced leader who is innovative, outcome focused, and driven to achieve professional and operational excellence. You must be able to clearly articulate a vision that resonates with others, and have a deep commitment to working in collaboration across disciplines. The future is clear, the frameworks are in place – what we need now is your passion and expertise to achieve our vision of quality integrated health services.
- Allied Health, Scientific or Technical qualification and current registration
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to articulate a compelling vision for all Allied Health, Scientific and Technical Disciplines
- Experience with budgetary oversite and resource management
- Strong professional networks and relationship skills
- Digital competence and data literacy
- Champions the values of the CDHB and WCDHB and acts ethically and with integrity
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Hayley Buick, Recruitment Specialist – Allied Health, Phone: (03) 3377961 or email email@example.com
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at cdhbcareers.co.nz to complete an application.
Job no: 233683
Closing Date: Sunday, 27 May 2018