Field Technician | ISG
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
The Canterbury District Health Board Information Services Group are a passionate and focused team supporting and enhancing technology in the Health Sector. Our team provides a wide and complex set of ICT solutions supporting our Business and Clinical teams based in Canterbury and for other nationwide District Health Board
About the Role
Our Information Services Department has an opportunity for an experience IT professional to gain experience as a Service Support Technician. The role is responsible for hardware/desktop/laptop support as well as supporting and troubleshooting many applications both over the phone and face to face with the customer.
This role will be based in our Durham street office and will assist with the support of more than 10,000 users and 8,000 devices across Canterbury. This role will also require the person to work on the on-call roster.
Other areas that you will be responsible for include, but are not limited to:
- Building laptops and computers from a network image
- Application support and installation
- Supporting Microsoft Office Products
- Problem analysis and fault resolution
- Assisting customers in person as well as remotely
- Troubleshooting of desktop hardware/software/network connectivity issues.
To be successful you will need to bring
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Desktop or IT support role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A customer focused approach
- The ability to explain complex issues in a manner the customer can understand
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
If this role is something that sounds exciting to you, then we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted online, so please press the ‘apply now’ button
To find out more about this role contact Taryn Macgregor, Recruitment Specialist on email@example.com
E koekoe te tūi, e ketekete te kākā, e kūkū te kereru!
It takes all people!
Job no: 233871
Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2018