Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Gerontology Nurse Specialist
Gerontology Aged Residential Care (ARC) – Clinical Nurse Specialist
- 0.6FTE - Permanent
- Reporting to the Nursing Director – Older People (Population Health) this role seeks to increase capability of ARC facilities in early identification, assessment and management of conditions to ensure residents are supported to have the right care, in the right place, at the right time, by the right person.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
- Support ARC staff with clinical decision making, care of complex clients, and quality initiatives that contribute to resident outcomes.
- Create a meaningful relationship between CDHB and individual ARC facilities by focussing on clinical client related issues.
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
- We have a range of professional development opportunities available to our nursing staff
The Role: Where you fit it
- You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
- You will be an experienced practitioner with expertise working within this specialty of gerontology and a good understanding of ARC facilities
- Proven leadership ability
- Currently hold or be working towards a Post Graduate qualification.
- Being enthusiastic, motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a wide variety of people and lead from the front is paramount in this role.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Phone: 03 3377956
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application.
Job no: 235362
Closing Date: Friday, 25 January 2019