Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Intensive Care Registrar – December 2019 and June 2020
Our new Intensive Care facilities, due to open in 2019/2020, means there has never been a better time to consider a career with Canterbury District Health Board. Thirty-six beds of critical care experience await you, encompassing the spectrum of tertiary care for adults and paediatric in the South Island of New Zealand.
- Full-time Intensive Care Registrar
- Availability to commence between December 2019 and June 2020
- Located at Christchurch Hospital, in the ever-changing central Christchurch, with the Botanic Gardens on our door step
What’s in it for Me?
- Participate and gain a breadth of experience across critical care. Delve into General Medical, General Surgical, Neurosurgical, Cardiothoracic Surgical and Paediatric Medicine and Surgery. Gain invaluable experience in one of the two Regional Centres caring for Spinal Injury patients. The Canterbury DHB was recently touted as the busiest Emergency Medicine Trauma Centre in New Zealand and with an active intra-hospital Air Retrieval Service in both fixed wing, road and helicopter retrieval, it offers the opportunity for vast experience! We participate in the clinical emergency team and have an active and busy ICU Outreach Service for the deteriorating patient in our wards. You will never be bored!
- Our Intensive Care Department is accredited for training with the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand and with the Colleges of Physicians, Emergency Medicine, Rural Health Medicine, Surgery and Anaesthesia. We have an active teaching programme and orientation package including the BASIC Intensive Care Course for our Registrars run twice yearly. We encourage participation in quality and audit with research opportunities to fulfil training goals. We have CICM College Examiners for the CICM Primary and Fellowship Examinations that provide you with opportunities for examination preparations. We have positions for those established in training in Intensive Care Medicine as well as positions for those that wish more Critical Care Experience.
- Work in a supportive friendly and fun team environment. The variety that this job offers in a supportive and adventurous environment comes with the excitement of moving to a new build in the near future with an opportunity for you to leave your positive contributions for the future.
Skills & Experience
- You will have completed PGY3 by December 2019 or June 2020
- You will preferably have at least 6 months of experience in Intensive Care Medicine or another critical care field.
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees.
Permanent/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: 236724
Closing Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2019