Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Intensive Care Registrar – asap 2019
Our Purpose: What We’re Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We’re world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we’re always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care, we plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. And we’re all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we’re putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
What matters to us is doing the right thing, valuing everyone, and being and staying well ourselves so we can care for our community.
The Role: What This Opportunity’s All About
Our new Intensive Care facilities, due to open in 2019, mean there has never been a better time to consider a career with Canterbury District Health Board. Thirty-six beds of critical care experience await you, encompassing the spectrum of tertiary care for adults and selected paediatric specialties in the South Island of New Zealand.
- Full-time Intensive Care Registrar.
- Commencing in 2019.
- Located at Christchurch Hospital, in the ever-changing central Christchurch, with the Botanic Gardens on our door step.
What’s in it for Me?
- Participate and gain a breadth of experience across critical care. Delve into General Medical, General Surgical, Neurosurgical, Cardiothoracic Surgical and Paediatric Medicine and Surgery. Gain invaluable experience in one of the two Regional Centres caring for Spinal Injury patients. The CDHB was recently touted as the busiest Emergency Medicine Trauma Centre in New Zealand and with an active intra-hospital Air Retrieval Service in both fixed wing, road and helicopter retrieval, it offers the opportunity for vast experience. You will never be bored!
- Accredited for training with the College of Intensive Care Medicine and with the Colleges of Physicians, Emergency Medicine, Rural Health Medicine, Surgery and Anaesthesia.
- Work in a supportive friendly and fun team environment.
Skills & Experience
- You will have completed PGY2 (FY2) by June 2019.
- You will have at least 6 months of experience in Intensive Care Medicine or another critical care field.
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you’ll seriously consider joining us, but if this isn’t a good fit for you, please share the opportunity with your personal networks and help us find our next rock star!
If this particular role isn’t for you, we do have other similar opportunities - please look on our careers page or give us a call to discuss.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Tracey Sutherland
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below. You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, clearly stating your preferred role, and
- Contact details for three referees.
- If you have an international medical qualification or are applying for a new scope of practice not previously assessed by MCNZ, then you will also need to create an Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) account here: https://www.ecfmgepic.org/. See here for EPIC information: http://bit.ly/2jrOIrE.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Permanent/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: 234727
Closing Date: Thursday, 31 January 2019