Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Kitchen Assistant Opportunities | Hillmorton Hospital
- Permanent part-time (20 hours per week) and casual role available
- Reliable, punctual and motivated
- Previous food preparation experience is desirable
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Hillmorton Hospital are looking for two reliable, punctual and motivated kitchen assistants to join our team!
There is one casual role available, and one permanent part time role working 20 hours per week.
Our team works within a fast-paced environment at Hillmorton Hospital. The kitchen runs 7 days per week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the role will require start times of 0600.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out general kitchen and cleaning duties
- Washing dishes
- Preparing an presenting food
- Providing great customer service
Your skills/attributes will include:
- Being a hard working team player
- Being reliable with good time management
- Having a flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous food preparation experience (desirable)
- Being passionate about serving great food, customer service and quality – retail experience is preferable!
As there are two positions available, please clearly state in your cover letter which role you are applying for.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or contact us on careers @cdhb.health.nz
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Permanent/Part Time, Casual
Job no: 235359
Closing Date: 23 January 2019