Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Nursing Director -Older Peoples Health Inpatient Service
NURSING DIRECTOR –OLDER PERSONS HEALTH INPATIENT SERVICE – BURWOOD HOSPITAL
- Senior Nursing Leadership role
- Reporting to Director of Nursing – Older Persons Health & Rehabilitation (OPH&R)
- Provides professional, clinical & operational leadership, knowledge and advice to nurses working within the cluster and across the Burwood Hospital site.
- Full Time - Permanent Role
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We are looking for a senior Registered Nurse, with well developed gerontology knowledge and experience and a vision for the health care of our elderly, to join the senior leadership team as the Nursing Director for Older Persons Health – Inpatient Service. This is one of several clusters with OPH&R. This role supports the Director of Nursing (DON) of Older Persons Health & Rehabilitation by accepting delegated responsibility for projects and roles as required.
- The Older Persons Health Inpatient Service includes 6 wards of 24 beds in the new hospital facility
- Responsibilities include patient safety, maintenance of clinical standards, quality innovation, staff management, staff resourcing including safe staffing, and budgetary requirements within cluster
- Supervisory responsibilities of Charge Nurse Managers, Burwood Older Person Health Inpatient Services.
- Works collaboratively with Service Managers, Clinical Directors and Allied Health Professionals
The Role: Where you fit it
As the Nursing Director within our Older Persons Health Inpatient Service you will help to set the strategic direction of the service. It is a key professional, operational and strategic leadership role where you will be responsible for leading a culture of collaboration and integration throughout every aspect of the teams, stimulating nursing innovation and identifying and implementing opportunities for increasing quality outcomes for our service users and their families
- Extensive specialty practice in gerontology nursing and practice knowledge of rehabilitation nursing.
- Shares knowledge and provides role modelling of senior nursing leadership skill in all activities
- Experience of management and positive leadership
- Provide line management to senior nurses including Charge Nurse Managers, Clinical Nurse Specialists and Nurse Educators
- Experienced in Change Management with the proven ability to lead quality improvement initiatives that deliver safe and effective care to patients and maintain staff safety.
- Safe cultural practices
- Post-graduate qualifications – minimum PG Diploma
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Phone: 03 3377956
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application
Job no: 235354
Closing Date: Friday, 25 January 2019