Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
PGY2 House Officer | Annual Recruitment 2024
Kia hiwa ra! Kia hiwa!
Mō mātou | About us
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand – Waitaha Canterbury District, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Facilities within Waitaha Canterbury District include:
- Christchurch Women’s Hospital
- Hillmorton Hospital and the Princes Margaret Hospital – Mental Health Services
- Burwood Hospital – Older Persons Health and Rehabilitation Services, including the Spinal injuries Unit
- Ashburton Hospital - General Hospital, south of Christchurch
Ko wai koe | About You
We are seeking House Officers who have completed their first post graduate year to start with us in January (Q1), April (Q2), July (Q3) or October (Q4) 2024 as part of our Annual Recruitment intake.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills & Experience
- You will have completed at minimum your first post graduate year.
- Knowledge and commitment of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how the principles can be applied to health.
- A willingness to grow and further develop an equity lens and skillset, both to assist Māori and minority groups.
- If you are seeking a PGY1 position, please apply directly to the PGY1 advert on our website. This application is only for PGY2 House Officers.
- If you have completed your PGY2 year please apply to the PGY3 House Officer application.
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- Live in a vibrant city, with a creative undercurrent. We have hills, beaches and ski fields a short drive from Christchurch City. To find out more, visit http://bit.ly/2n9sr32
- Enhance your career with first class training and supervision from the Medical Education & Training Unit (METU)
- Be supported by our Resident Doctors’ Support Team (RDST)
- Access support at all hours, including after-hours support from the Clinical Team Coordinators and SMOs
Has this interested you to join us here in Canterbury? Click apply now and in the application form you will be asked to select your speciality preference(s), please note due to current staffing arrangements and training requirements, vacancies may not occur in some service.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, and
- Contact details for three referees (which will be contacted right away)
Please note, due to volume of queries we receive during annual recruitment there will be a delayed response
Pandemic Vaccination Statement
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.