Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Post Anaesthetic Care Unit [PACU] - Registered Nurse
Are you a Registered Nurse who is looking for exciting opportunities to work in our new hospital? Then we have the role for you!
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role
- Post Anaesthetic Care Unit [PACU] is expanding its workforce to meet the demands of the Acute Service Building [ASB] due to open early 2019. We are looking for experienced nurses to join our team and gain the skills required to work in all areas of this exciting speciality
- We have recently introduced a DEU that extends to our NetP, ARA nursing students and RN’s new to the speciality
- We provide a flexible working environment and a range of shifts that cover the 24/7 service. We have established roster guidelines that provide both fairness and variety to your working experience
- You will adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
- You will be expected to work in a number of locations servicing different specialities. Our workload includes both paediatrics and obstetrics
- We will provide you with a structured orientation program where you will learn the PACU skills required to work across the service
- We have a strong commitment to post graduate learning and support team members to achieve goals and extend themselves
Skills & Experience
- You should have at least 2 years post graduate experience, preferably in a surgical or HDU setting
- You will need to be a team player and have a proven track record in leadership and preceptorship
- Whakawhanaungatanga (ability to forge and foster relationships)
- Whakamanaakitanga (ability to treat others with respect, encouragement and support)
- Whakakotahitanga (ability to work in your role and actively participate and align this to our organisational values and goals)
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
If this role is something that sounds exciting to you, please apply now!
E koekoe te tūi, e ketekete te kākā, e kūkū te kereru!
It takes all people!
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Nicki McNeill, Recruitment Specialist – Nursing, Phone: (03) 3377956 or email email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at http://www.cdhbcareers.co.nz/ to complete an application.
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: 235073
Closing Date: Apply now!!