Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Midwives & New Graduate Midwives
- Multiple part-time and full-time positions available for experienced and new graduate Midwives.
- Registered with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand with a current APC.
- Should have excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We are seeking both experienced Registered Midwives& New Graduates to join us and work collegially within our skilled and friendly multi-disciplinary teams as we work in partnership with our local Lead Maternity Carers to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health care for the mothers and babies of the Canterbury & West Coast regions.
If you are a new graduate midwife looking to start your career or an experienced midwife looking for a positive change we have fantastic opportunities to become part of a highly skilled and professional midwifery & multi-disciplinary team. Whether you are based at Christchurch Women’s Hospital or one of our outstanding women centred Primary Birthing Units at Ashburton, Rangiora or Lincoln or based at the brand new Grey Base Hospital you will be able to work in partnership with women, their babies and families /whanau utilising your enthusiasm and passion for women’s health within a supportive and professional environment.
- We can offer you unique experiences within our Women’s Health services to enable you to learn and develop professionally across a range of speciality midwifery practice.
- The CDHB & WCDHB Maternity System has a dynamic, dedicated and specialised team of health professionals working within both our purpose built, modern, tertiary maternity facilities and our Rural Primary Units.
- Join us and you will be able to work across the full scope of midwifery practice in our Birthing Suite, high dependency unit and our maternity ward (antenatal and postnatal) or within one of our beautiful women centred rural primary units.
Whether you are new in your midwifery career or have lots of experience then we would love to speak with you. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team.
- Recent clinical experience regarding: planning, implementation and evaluation of care for women and babies especially those needing complex care.
- Strong commitment to the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding.
- Good communicator, with the ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing quality maternity care for the women within our services.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
For additional information about this role please contact us on email@example.com
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: 237323
Closing Date: Sunday, 1 March 2020