Registered Nurse - Ward 16
Do you have the skills and expertise required for working in a fast paced acute surgical role??
Registered Nurses - Ward 16
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced nurse who would enjoy becoming part of our dynamic and supportive team. Join the team in Ward 16 and you will become part of a cohesive and friendly MDT that cares for patients undergoing general surgery and a range of esophageal, gastric and biliary/pancreatic surgery including advanced laparoscopic procedures. Our unit also houses SARA (Surgical Assessment Review Area) which provides an area for acutely unwell patients to be assessed, investigated and an appropriate plan of care to be initiated.
This fast paced challenging environment will offer you variety in your day as you will rotate between the ward and SARA, working closely with all the general surgical team. Motivated, with a mature attitude and organised approach, you will be flexible and adaptable in this ever changing, fast paced environment. The ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of the multidisciplinary team, will be key to your success in this role
Ideally it is envisaged you will have a background in general surgery, with sound acute assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Rostered Shifts to suit service needs - need to be available to work all shifts including weekends and nights, social roster.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experienced NZ Registered Nurse with a current Nursing Council of New Zealand practising certificate.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Initiative, excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently complete tasks
- Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously.
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
How to Apply
If this is a challenge you are wanting accept Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Nicki McNeill, Recruitment Specialist – Nursing, Phone: (03) 3377956 or email email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application.
Job no: 233800
Closing Date: Friday, 8 June 2018