Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurses – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
· Registered Nurses – Neonatal Intensive care Unit
· Christchurch, New Zealand
· Opportunities available Full time Part time & casual
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
- The Neonatal Service at Christchurch Women’s Hospital is an acute service providing secondary/tertiary care to new-born babies born prematurely or with surgical, congenital and medical complications following birth.
- We are a purpose built 41 bedded unit compromised of 11 intensive care and 30 special care cot’s with our catchment area covering approximately 20,000 square kilometres of the South Island.
The Role: Where you fit it
- If you have Neonatal or Paediatric Nursing experience, enjoy working as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary service in a busy tertiary unit and have the ability to work 8 or 12 hour rostered rotating shifts including nights …then we want to hear from you.
- You will be given a thorough orientation and supported with your ongoing professional development.
- NZ Registered Nurse with a current NZ Practising Certificate.
- Recent clinical experience within the neonatal, paediatric , midwifery or intensive care field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage well with families
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- A commitment to providing and maintaining high standards of nursing practice within our service.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Phone: 03 3377956
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: 235273
Closing Date: Monday, 21 January 2019