Surgical Registrars – 2018
At Canterbury District Health Board, you will gain world class experience in the South Island’s largest tertiary, teaching and research hospitals! With over 450 Resident Doctors employed at the CDHB, we pride ourselves on our level of medical education, training and supervision.
- New Zealand is ranked 2nd on the Global Peace Index, so we have the perfect environment for raising a family!
- Live in a vibrant and emerging city, with a creative undercurrent.
- If you enjoy the outdoors, the hills and beaches are a 20 minute drive from the city! Enjoy skiing? We have 13 ski fields within a 2-4 hour drive of the city. To find out more, visit: http://www.pocketsofawesome.co.nz/things-to-do/why-christchurch-should-make-your-bucket-list/
- Various full-time, fixed-term or permanent Surgical Registrar opportunities in:
- Orthopaedics: A non-training role, but suited to someone considering a future Orthopaedic training role.
- General Surgery: A non-training role, but suited to someone considering a future General Surgery training role
- Cardiothoracic: A non-training role, but suited to someone considering a future Cardiothoracic training role
- Vascular: A non-training role, but suited to someone considering a future Vascular training role
What’s in it for Me?
- We have a specific training programme on offer for all Surgical Education Trainees. We will help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you.
- Access support at all hours, including after-hours support from Clinical Team Coordinators and SMOs.
Skills & Experience
- You will have completed at least two years following graduation (PGY2+ or FY2+) by January 2018. Please note that advanced training is unnecessary (see http://www.healthcareers.org.nz/international/GettingStarted/Registration/MedicalProfessionals/tabid/503/language/en-US/Default.aspx).
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz)
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below. You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter clearly stating your preferred role, and
- Contact details for three referees.
For further information, email Anna Hunter : email@example.com
Permanent/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: 232768
Closing Date: Saturday, 30 June 2018