Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader – Core Systems Team
Our Purpose: What We’re Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We’re world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we’re always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region and we’re all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we’re putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
What matters to us is doing the right thing, valuing everyone, and being and staying well ourselves so we can care for our community.
The Role: What This Opportunity’s All About
The Team Leader is responsible for working with the ISG team to provide a level of service excellence across all Information and Communication Technology [ICT] solutions whilst maintaining the development and delivery of the ISG work plan.
In assuming this responsibility, the role enables the Team Leader to be an effective and valued partner of the business and supports the business to achieve its goals.
Specifically the role is responsible for:
- Manage the operations you are responsible for to ensure high quality, consistent and effective service
- Ensure resources are allocated effectively based on the prioritisation of work requests and requirements, (including Cross-functional teams).
- Monitor and review the quality of service provided by compiling and providing metrics reports
- Implement service improvement plans where required.
- Develop and maintain administration procedures, knowledge articles and documentation
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to motivate your team
- Maintain individual team professional development and training plans, ensuring that reviews are completed in line with the CDHB People and Capability [P&C] policies and procedures
- Provide services which are focussed on anticipating and exceeding customer expectations
- Ensure team members liaise with customers to assist them with optimising the use of application software to improve users’ productivity, clinical productivity and patient convenience.
- Manage the request queues to provide a timely response to customers
- Monitor financial expenditure against budgets and escalate issues if it is estimated to be exceeded
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- At least 7+ years IT Industry experience
- Experience in System Monitoring Software such as Manage Engine
- An in depth understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy, DNS and DHCP management.
- Proven Technical experience should include Microsoft range including VMware, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange Server and Windows 7/10is essential
- Extensive training, experience and skill with maintaining Windows in an enterprise size environment.
- VB or PowerShell Scripting, administration of Microsoft IIS or other similar technologies and systems design & implementation.
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience in day-to-day task management and co-ordination of activities within a project environment
- Experience working in a large organisation and/or in a pressured and ever-changing environment
- Knowledge of Health environments would be preferable
- A tertiary level qualification in Business, Science, Information Services, Engineering or related field is preferable
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you’ll seriously consider joining us, but if this isn’t a good fit for you, please share the opportunity with your personal networks and help us find our next rock star!
If this particular role isn’t for you we do have other similar opportunities; please look on our careers page or give us a call to discuss.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Recruitment Specialist Anna Canning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job no: 235220
Closing Date: 6 January 2018