Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Administrator - Resident Doctors' Support Team
- 0.6 FTE (24 Hours) permanent part-time – flexible hours
- Administrative support to Registered Doctors
- Support recruitment process for Registered Doctors
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Canterbury DHB is a centre of excellence for Resident Doctor training, education and clinical experience. The Resident Doctors’ Support Team is responsible for the operational management of our Resident Doctor workforce. From high volume annual recruitment, to rostering and coordinating their ongoing employment and training activity – this team is integral in ensuring our Resident Doctors are supported and enjoy their work and learning experience.
The Role: Where you fit in
As part of the Resident Doctors Support Team (RDST), the Resident Doctors’ Administrator is responsible for developing and implementing quality administrative practices to support the Resident Doctors’ workforce.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong administration, HR and/or coordination experience to start or continue their career/journey in the healthcare environment.
- Rostering for Department
- Customer service for Registers Doctors and visitors
- Supporting the end to end recruitment process
- Admin requirements for Medical Council and Immigration NZ
- Orientation for new starters
- Purchase orders
- Data entry
- Personal Assistant duties for Team Leader
- Preparing and distributing reports
Your skills will include:
- Communication Skills
- Build and maintain internal and external stakeholders’ relationships
- Streamlining administrative processes
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with PCIS, payroll
- Knowledge of health and disability sector
- Business or administration qualification
- Recruitment administration experience
The preferred hours are at least 4 hours on Thursday and Friday, the rest of the hours are negotiable.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Please outline your preferred hours of work in your cover letter.
For additional information about this role please contact us on email@example.com