Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Allied Health Professionals – Crisis Resolution Workers EOI
- Expressions of interest sought for Permanent (0.94 FTE), part time, or fixed term opportunities
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Registration with the relevant board and mental health experience is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We're seeking Expressions of Interest for opportunities within the Adult Community Psychiatric Services, for Allied Health Professionals to join their Community Teams. Crisis Resolution provides a 24 hour service assessing the needs and providing treatment and support to clients experiencing psychiatric crisis. There are four teams: North, East, South and West - all seeking EOIs from experienced, registered Allied Health Professionals, looking for a fast-paced and varied role on the frontline of specialist mental health services.
The Role: Where you fit it
- As a highly motivated Allied Health Professional who displays a positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work, you will enjoy being part of a committed and diverse Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT). You will work in collaboration with a group of professionals that recognises the importance of providing quality care and services to their clients, friends and whanau.
- Working within the MDT and in collaboration with our clients and their family/whanau, primary care, community supports and our inpatient teams, your ability to think on your feet, triage and prioritize your patients appropriately in a timely manner is essential.
- Ideally you will be a Duly Authorised Officer who has been trained and signed off as being able facilitate the MHA, if not currently a DAO applicants for this position will be willing to undertake this paid three day DAO training as provided by the CDHB.
- Depending on the shift worked CR staff generally work in groups of three staff per team conducting psychiatric assessment, working closely with the MDT, developing short term treatment planning, liaising with whanau and other carers, NGO, police and ED. Staff may be expected to work in another sector base team from time to time to meet roster requirements.
- Must Hold a Full Driver’s Licence and have registration with the relevant allied health professional board.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time, Casual, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: 236725
Closing Date: Apply Now!