Anatomical Pathology Registrar - February 2018
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
At Canterbury District Health Board, you will gain world class experience in the South Island’s largest tertiary, teaching and research hospitals. With over 450 Resident Doctors employed at the CDHB, we pride ourselves on our level of medical education, training and supervision.
Canterbury Health Laboratories (CHL) is based at Christchurch Public Hospital and is co-located with the Christchurch School of Medicine, part of the University of Otago. You will learn quickly, as our Anatomical Pathology department receives specimens from all hospital specialties.
- Full-time, fixed-term RCPA-Accredited Anatomical Pathology Registrar training opportunity.
- You will rotate around histology, cytology and post mortem pathology.
- Commencing in 5th February 2018 until February 2019.
What’s in it for Me?
- Learn Anatomical Pathology techniques with project based learning.
- Research and grow in supportive environment, working alongside specialists and supervisors.
- Become accredited with the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia for 4 years of training (the maximum period permitted in one institution).
- Become part of the clinical team helping to guide decisions about patient care.
Skills & Experience
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by January 2018.
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz)
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below. You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, clearly stating your preferred role, and
- Contact details for three referees.
- If you have an international medical qualification or are applying for a new scope of practice not previously assessed by MCNZ, then you will also need to create an Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) account here: https://www.ecfmgepic.org/. See here for EPIC information: http://bit.ly/2jrOIrE.
For further information, email Tessa Jamieson at: Tessa.Jamieson@cdhb.health.nz.
Closing Date: Please Apply Now! Closing 18th December 2017.