Booking Administrator - Otolaryngology
Our Purpose: What We’re Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We’re world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we’re always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region and we’re all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we’re putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
What matters to us is doing the right thing, valuing everyone, and being and staying well ourselves so we can care for our community.
The Role: What This Opportunity’s All About
Our Otolaryngology team are a supportive, high achieving team, who are focused on serving the people of Canterbury and improving health outcomes and efficiencies for all patients and visitors who enter into our health system.
We are looking for a highly organised and experienced administrator to coordinate our theatre bookings on a full time permanent basis. This is a key role in our administration team and involves over the phone contact with patients so we are looking for someone with a warm, friendly personality coupled with a keen eye for detail who can effectively problem solve.
- Supporting the front of house team, stepping into reception duties when required
- Outpatient and inpatient appointment bookings
- Data entry and maintenance of our patient management system
- Liaison with surgeons to coordinate operating lists
- General administration tasks as directed by the Team Leader
Our ideal candidate:
- Sound computer skills including knowledge of MS Office
- Superb organisation, time management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent relationship building skills with patients and colleagues coupled with the ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Personable, patient focused approach to your work
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
Knowledge of medical terminology and experience using a Patient Management System would be a distinct advantage, however full training will be provided by our supportive administrative team.
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you’ll seriously consider joining us, but if this isn’t a good fit for you, please share the opportunity with your personal networks and help us find our next rock star!
If this particular role isn’t for you we do have other similar opportunities; please look on our careers page or give us a call to discuss.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Recruitment Specialist, Anna Canning on email@example.com
Job no: 234805
Closing Date: 25th October 2018