Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Casual Orderly | Christchurch Hospital
Start Date – As soon
Shifts – 24/7 service with a variety of shift times - 8 hours, with a ½ hour unpaid meal break.
Status – Casual (Covering sick and annual leave)
Salary - Based on the Etū Multi-Employer Collective Agreement.
Location – Christchurch Hospital
Kia hiwa rā!
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
Orderlies play an integral part in the patient journey, ensuring the delivery of exceptional quality care in our facilities. They are there to safely move patients around the hospitals. Our team provides essential orderly services within Christchurch Hospital seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
We are looking for people that have
great customer service skills and can relate to a range of people. To be
considered for this role you will need to be physically fit to be able to work
on your feet for your entire shift as well as being able to move patients
around the hospital with ease and professionalism.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a safe, quality support service to inpatient areas and departments.
- Ensuring the prompt delivery and accurate storage of hospital equipment.
- Ensuring that all tasks and duties are prioritised, and are carried out effectively, efficiently and without unnecessary delay.
- Relief rubbish collection, relief linen delivery, relief milk delivery and Mortuary duties, plus any other duties required.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- An enthusiastic and people-focussed approach to your work.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and be able to work in an inclusive team environment.
- You will be physically fit and be able to be on your feet for an entire shift as the role involves a lot of walking around the hospital.
Ngā hua – Benefits
- Clock up over 20,000 steps a day!
- A fantastic benefits scheme, including generous discounts on a range of businesses including gym memberships, restaurants and insurance.
Mō mātou – About us
From July 2022, Canterbury District Health Board transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand. Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver
health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury
region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring
our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Position Ref: PC2428773
Applications Close: Thursday 23 March 2023
Kia mau te wehi!
It will be a condition of employment for this role that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19.This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Dose. .As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19 or pass Covid-19 to other staff. This can place an increased burden on our healthcare system. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.