Clinical Dietitian - SMHS Parental Leave Positions
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role
Are you interested in helping people with mental illness improve their mental and physical health by teaching, motivating and supporting them to make healthier food choices? We are seeking a reliable and self-motivated NZ Registered Dietitian to provide effective, evidence based, dietetic services to our clients and their families across inpatient and outpatient Mental Health Services. The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a wide range of patients, family/whanau and multidisciplinary teams is essential. You will need to be efficient and organised in this position.
We have two parental leave cover positions available:
- Full Time – 40 hours per week until April 2019
- Part time – 16 hours per week until March 2019
Skills & Experience
- You will be registered Dietitian with a current practicing certificate
- Previous experience working in a Mental Health setting and/or a tertiary qualification in psychology is desirable.
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
How to Apply
For further information please Jane Elmslie, Clinical Leader Dietetics, telephone 03 337 7600, extension 33560. Job description and application form are available online. Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at cdhbcareers.co.nz to complete an application.
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: 233390
Closing Date: Tuesday, 27 March 2018