Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Child, Adolescent & Family Inpatient Unit
- 1 FTE, permanent position available.
- Professional and clinical leadership role.
- Excellent communication and expert knowledge is essential.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Child Adolescent and Family Inpatient Service is a South Island wide service providing treatment for children and adolescents. The unit provides, multi-disciplinary care and treatment for children & adolescents up to the age of 18. Providing comprehensive inpatient assessment and treatment to help children youth and families overcome acute/severe or enduring emotional, behavioural, mental health problems. The Child Adolescent and Family Unit is part of the Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service continuum of
The Role: Where you fit in
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated specialist mental health nurse who is looking to expand their career pathway to take on a clinical leadership role, as Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- You will be an experienced, Specialist Mental Health Nurse, Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- With your proven ability to lead, you will be an expert at developing and extending nursing practice, assisting with performance appraisals, auditing, quality improvement and providing overall clinical expertise and mentor ship within the team, to enable them to continue to deliver a high standard of care
- As a role model it is expected you will engage with nursing staff and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to ensure effective relationships are developed and maintained, therefore your integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, effective organisational and time management skills and clinical credibility are imperative to the success of this role
- You will have extensive experience working within speciality mental health services and hold a relevant post graduate qualification or be working towards one. Experience in child and adolescent mental health is desirable but not essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online, or contact us on email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: PC0649365
Closing Date: 17th of December, 2019