Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Clinical Services Unit | Hillmorton Hospital
- 0.5 FTE, permanent position
- Hours of work Monday – Friday 4 hours/day (excluding stats)
- Clinical leadership role for an experienced registered nurse in Mental Health
- A current NZ Nursing Registration and APC with a scope of practice that includes Mental Health
- Must either hold or be working towards a relevant post graduate qualification
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Specialist Mental Health Services at Hillmorton Hospital is seeking an ECT Clinical Nurse Specialist , with experience in Mental Health to work alongside SMHS Staff and Consumers to ensure the safe provision of ECT. Your methodical, organised approach and exceptional interpersonal skills will see you succeed in this role as you coordinate, provide assessments, specific medical services to our consumers and further develop ECT services and processes. Working collaboratively within a small but highly motivated team, you will be confident in your ability to work under pressure and build successful therapeutic relationships in this diverse and innovative role.
Pehea | About You
This part time role, based at Clinical Services Hillmorton Hospital offers an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual who is looking to expand their career pathway to take on a clinical leadership role. With your proven ability to lead, you will be an expert at developing and extending nursing practice, auditing, quality improvement, and providing overall clinical expertise and mentorship within the team with specific emphasis on ECT, enabling them to continue to deliver a high standard of care.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This job requires:
- A Registered Nurse who is passionate about providing specialised care, enhancing ECT service delivery with the ultimate goal of renown as a centre of excellence
- Experienced, Specialist Mental Health Nurse, Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC - must include scope for Mental Health Nursing.
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
- Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Expert clinical nursing knowledge and leadership ability.
- Extensive experience working within mental health is essential – you will hold a relevant post graduate qualification or be working towards one, and have a least three years post graduate experience in mental health.
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- As a role model it is expected you will engage with nursing staff and members of Multi-Disciplinary Teams to ensure effective relationships are developed and maintained, therefore your integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, effective organisational and time management skills and clinical credibility are imperative to the success of this role
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha Canterbury. We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Shannon Le Roux – Recruitment Specialist – Shannon.LeRoux@cdhb.health.nz
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19.This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.