Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Specialist Mental Health Services
Clinical Nurse Specialist –South Inpatient Unit - Adult inpatient Group
- Full time – 1.0 FTE (Mon – Fri 7- 4pm)
- Permanent - Full Time
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people who live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Te Awakura, Adult Inpatient Group, CDHB Specialist Mental Health Services (SMHS) is a 24 hour service that provides for the acute psychiatric needs of the adult population in the Canterbury region. Our model of care focuses on single integrated multidisciplinary teams, incorporating inpatient and outpatient teams, providing excellent care to consumer in the least restrictive manner. Te Awakura, Adult Inpatients Group consists of four adult acute inpatient units, North South East and West.
- South Inpatient Unit is a 16 bed unit that provides 24 hour care for consumer with acute mental illness.
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist in our service is an expert practitioner with an in-depth knowledge of this speciality area.
- The purpose of the role is to provide expert knowledge and skills to directly or indirectly support nursing practice that leads to best outcomes for consumers.
The Role: Where you fit in
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated SMHS nurse who is looking to expand their career pathway to take on a clinical leadership role.
- You will be an experienced, Specialist Mental Health Nurse, Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- With your proven ability to lead, you will be an expert at developing and extending nursing practice, assisting with performance appraisals, auditing, quality improvement and providing overall clinical expertise and mentor ship within the team, to enable them to continue to deliver a high standard of care
- As a role model it is expected you will engage with nursing staff and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to ensure effective relationships are developed and maintained, therefore your integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, effective organisational and time management skills and clinical credibility are imperative to the success of this role
- You will have extensive experience working within mental health, and hold a relevant post graduate qualification or be working towards one.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
For additional information about this role please contact us on email@example.com
Job no: PC0423221
Closing Date: Closing 2nd July 2019