Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Te Whare Hohou Roko, Forensic Service
- 1.0 FTE, 6 month fixed term position covering parental leave (ending July, 2020)
- Nursing leadership role
- Excellent communication and expert knowledge is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Come and join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team to help us make positive changes with consumers to achieve their potential and find creative solutions to achieve their personal goals and aspirations. Te Whare Hohou Roko, is a 9 bedded 24 hour extended rehabilitative service based within the Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service of the CDHB Specialist Mental Health Service.
The MDT utilises Case Management and relational security principles to develop safe and effective therapeutic relationships with the consumers in our care. We value consumer and their family/whanau engagement and participation with treatment and discharge planning.
The Role: Where you fit in
We are in need of a Clinical Nurse Specialist (1 FTE) who is compassionate to work in Te Whare Hohou Roko for a six month contract, covering parental leave. Hours are Monday to Friday 0700-1530hrs
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual who is looking to expand their career pathway to take on a fixed term, clinical leadership role. With your proven ability to mentor and lead, you will be expected to work alongside the team to develop and extend nursing practice, assist with the completion of performance appraisals, auditing, quality improvement and providing overall clinical expertise and mentorship within the team - to enable them to continue to deliver a high standard of care.
- Experienced, Specialist Mental Health Nurse, Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC - must include scope for Mental Health Nursing.
- Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Expert clinical nursing knowledge and leadership ability.
- You will have extensive experience working within mental health, and hold a relevant post graduate qualification or be working towards one.
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- As a role model it is expected you will engage with nursing staff and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to ensure effective relationships are developed and maintained, therefore your integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, effective organisational and time management skills and clinical credibility are imperative to the success of this role
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online, or contact us on email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: PC0703078
Closing Date: 28th of January, 2020