Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Psychologist – MindSight Programme
- Permanent part-time opportunity (20hr per week) based at Hillmorton Hospital;
- Work within a supportive team of experienced multidisciplinary professionals;
Registration as a Psychologist in the clinical scope of practice is
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
The Adult Community Mental Health Service provides treatment for people aged 18-65 years who suffer from a wide range of mental disorders. Join us in this part time (20hr per week) role and enjoy providing assessment and treatment interventions for outpatients of the Adult Community Mental Health Service.
In this part-time position, your time will be utilised to provide individual and group treatment within the MindSight Programme. The MindSight Programme is a specialist treatment service for consumers with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. The programme is an integrated component of Community Mental Health services involving eight half-time clinicians who specialise in delivering Mentalisation-Based Treatment (MBT).
This position will be based at Hillmorton Hospital. The days and
hours required for this position are flexible and will be negotiated with the
Ko wai koe | About You
- You will draw on your mental health experience to deliver comprehensive assessment and support to clients and their families/whanau;
- You will be an active participant in our multidisciplinary team, working closely with referrers and colleagues from other agencies;
- The specialist nature of the role affords opportunities for teaching, research and consultative-input both within the wider organisation as well as regionally.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- A Masters in Clinical Psychology (or overseas equivalent);
- NZ Registration as a Psychologist with a clinical scope of practice is essential;
- Previous experience in the Adult Mental Health field is preferred but your other skill backgrounds or experience will be given full consideration;
- Experience treating Borderline Personality Disorder is desirable. If required, training in (MBT) will be provided;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a busy caseload is vital to your success in this role;
- As some travel may be required in the role, a full NZ drivers license is essential.
provides ongoing supervision and support to maintain and develop MBT
practitioner skills, along with support for general professional development
through ongoing education.
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha Canterbury. We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Shannon Le Roux - Recruitment Partner on email@example.com
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you.
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.