Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Fixed term, full time opportunity (1.0FTE) until approximately October 2020 (or job share will be considered)
- Previous experience in the Adult Mental Health field is preferred
- Registration in the Clinical Scope of Practice is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Adult Community Mental Health Service provides treatment for people aged 18-65 years who suffer from a wide range of mental disorders. We currently have a fixed-term, full-time opportunity (40hrs per week/1.0FTE) covering parental leave for a NZ Registered Clinical Psychologist to provide assessment and treatment interventions for patients of the South Community Mental Health Service, and the Rural Adult Community Service. This role will be split 0.5FTE within both teams, based at Hillmorton Hospital.
Some travel around Canterbury will be required as part of the Rural Community team.
A job share may be considered for the right candidates (0.5FTE at Rural Community or 0.5 at South Community). Please clearly outline in your cover letter if you are only applying for a job share.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Drawing on your mental health experience to deliver comprehensive assessment and support to clients and their families/whanau;
- Providing Clinical Psychology interventions for adult clients experiencing serious mental health concerns;
- You will be an active participant in our multidisciplinary team, working closely with referrers and colleagues from other agencies.
Your skills will include:
- A minimum of a Diploma in Clinical Psychology (or overseas equivalent), and Registration in the Clinical Scope of Practice with the NZ Psychologists’ Board;
- A foundation of good CBT skills will be useful. Additional competencies in other evidence-based treatments will be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills are vital to work as part of the wider multidisciplinary team.
Professional development through ongoing education is supported.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: PC0473272
Closing Date: 30th July 2019