Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Respiratory Physiologist or Trainee Respiratory Physiologist
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week)
- Join an experienced team with exceptional collegial support!
- Bachelor of Science in Physiology or equivalent qualification is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Canterbury Respiratory Service conducts world class respiratory research and has innovative multi-disciplined approach that provides a truly integrated service. The Canterbury District Health Board provides secondary level care for patients with respiratory disorders on an inpatient, outpatient and domiciliary basis throughout the region. Christchurch Hospital also acts as the tertiary referral centre for the northern half of the South Island. In addition to the Pulmonary Function Laboratory team and our Respiratory Physicians we have an integrated sleep service, integrated respiratory nursing service (for chronic conditions) and a community spirometry service.
As a Clinical Respiratory Physiologist based at Christchurch Hospital you will enjoy exceptional collegial support whilst working in a leading Respiratory Department. We’re looking for a full time Clinical Physiologist or Trainee Respiratory Physiologist to join us on a permanent basis!
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking safe and effective diagnostic testing of patients in accordance with laboratory protocols;
- Actively participating in the development and implementation of the Quality Control and Quality Assurance Programs;
- The maintenance of accurate and timely records;
- Contributing to education/research/training.
Your skills will include:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development;
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with staff within the service;
- A Bachelor of Science in Physiology or equivalent qualification (e.g. NZCS Physiology) is essential.
You will be required to:
- Participate in post graduate respiratory science qualification;
- Become a ANZSRS member;
- Become registered with the CPRB;
- Work towards full clinical certification (CRFS examination).
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job no: PC0674464
Closing Date: Friday, 24 January 2020