Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Team Leader - Physiotherapy
- Permanent, full time role (40hours/week)
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board is essential
- Demonstrated clinical experience in the acute inpatient setting essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We are looking for an experienced Physiotherapist to lead our Medical Specialties and Neurosciences Physiotherapy team on the Christchurch Hospital combined campus site. You’ll be co-ordinating and providing leadership for a team of Physiotherapists and Assistants working with inpatients across the clinical specialties in General Medicine, Acute Stroke Unit, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology, Haematology and Nephrology.
This is your chance to develop and use leadership skills in a health system undergoing rapid transformation. Your skills will be ensuring the ongoing ability of these services to provide optimal care in a fast paced, tertiary care environment.
This is a rare and exciting chance to combine both clinical skills and management interest.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- The daily coordination and operational management of both rotational and non-rotational staff;
- Ensuring that professional development and supervisory needs of the team are met;
- Supporting and directing the Physiotherapy Service on Christchurch Hospital Campus alongside the Clinical Manager and the leadership team;
- Undertaking expert assessments, completing appropriate interventions and providing advice or referring to other services.
Your skills will include:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in the acute inpatient setting across some or all clinical specialties of General Medicine, Stroke, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology, Haematology and/or Nephrology;
- The ability to work collaboratively and contribute at a multidisciplinary level on quality and service committees;
- Current Registration with the New Zealand Physiotherapy Board, along with a current annual practising certificate is essential;
- Previous experience in leadership roles preferred.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job no: PC0425543
Closing Date: 3rd July 2019