Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Team Leader (South Canterbury) – Community Dental Service
- Co-ordinate and lead the cluster to achieve service outcomes
- Support your team to develop their skills and deliver oral health care services
- Salary Band is Step 9 -10 ($106,000 -$109,000) of the new PSA Allied, Public Health, Scientific and Technical rates.
- Permanent opportunity 40 hours per week, role based in Timaru
Mō te tūnga | About the Role
Our Community Dental Service provides dental services to over 90,000 children aged 0-13 in Canterbury and South Canterbury and supports our colleagues on the West Coast. There are 90 front-line clinical staff who work with modern equipment in 22 mobile dental units and 13 dental clinics.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, innovative therapist to take a step up in their career into this first line leadership role, based in South Canterbury. As Clinical Team Leader, you’ll be assisting to co-ordinate our team working in community and school settings with children and their families/whānau and have the opportunity to work with diverse patient groups, managing a wide variety of oral health problems. You will be a reflective practitioner who embraces innovation and advances in clinical practice and will enjoy working in a team alongside other skilled dental/oral health therapists and assistants. In this role your time will be split between leading your cluster team and working as an oral health practitioner. You’ll be well supported to develop your leadership and management skills as part of your career pathway.
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality oral health care appropriate to the physical, social and cultural needs of pre-school and school age clients;
- Providing clinical support, mentoring and advice to staff in your cluster, supporting their personal growth and development
- Co-ordinating, leading and supporting staff to ensure service targets and priorities are met
- Participating in team meetings and the service quality improvement process.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- An experienced practitioner with a minimum of 3 years oral health therapy experience
- A people person who listens well and is a good communicator
- Has excellent time management, prioritisation and decision-making skills
- Works well in a team and on their own, is self-motivated
- Has intermediate level skills in titanium software and the Microsoft suite of programmes
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with NZ Dental Council
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Alex Jay, Recruitment Partner on Alexandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.