Community Mental Health Nurse – West
Come and join the West Community Adult Mental Health Team where we value your experience and skills and where teamwork is of the essence.
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role
- Community Mental Health Nurse – West
- Full time - permanant
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
- At West you will enjoy being part of a committed and hardworking multi-disciplinary team and as a professional and highly motivated specialist mental health nurse you will display a positive can do attitude and have great enthusiasm for this area of work
- Motivated and flexible, you must enjoy the challenges of working autonomously in this Case Management role
- Triaging and prioritising your patients appropriately will need your keen attention to detail as well as your assessment and time management skills
Skills & Experience
- You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate and scope in Mental Health
- A current full NZ drivers licence
- Previous experience in mental health is essential and community experience would be preferable, however is not essential
- Whakawhanaungatanga (ability to forge and foster relationships)
- Whakamanaakitanga (ability to treat others with respect, encouragement and support)
- Whakakotahitanga (ability to work in your role and actively participate and align this to our organisational values and goals)
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
If this role is something that sounds exciting to you, please apply now!
E koekoe te tūi, e ketekete te kākā, e kūkū te kereru!
It takes all people!
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Karli Te Aotonga, Recruitment Specialist – Nursing, Phone: (03) 3377923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application.
Closing Date: Sunday, 7 January 2018