Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Data Analyst - People Analytics
- Full time Data Analyst
- Join an exceptional people analytics function, maximizing the use of our people data
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Canterbury DHB is one of the largest employers in New Zealand and we’re looking for someone remarkable to join our People Analytics team. We want to better understand our workforce, so we can make data driven decisions about how we can better support them.
We’re building an exceptional people analytics function to maximise our use of people data. We want to ensure our decisions around, workforce planning as it relates to work, worker and workplace, as well as the way we support our people are as informed and strategic as possible.
The Programmes and Insights team you’ll be part of delivers projects centered on making work, work better across our diverse workforce. It also supports our operational and HR leaders to understand our workforce and how it’s changing.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding business requirements; gathering, warehousing, processing and analysing data to meet business requirements, and interpreting this data into meaningful insights to ensure our decisions are evidence based.
- Compiling data and creating quantitative reports and dashboards to inform and drive decisions for the Canterbury and West Coast DHBs at board, executive, management, and operational levels. Developing, implementing, and reviewing analytics and reporting requirements across our People and Capability [HR function] programmes of work.
- Identifying opportunities to improve and automate data quality, integration and collection, analysis, and reporting.
Your skillset means you’ll be:
- A data whizz who’s passionate about, and has an innate ability to, translate data into tangible business insights.
- A go-getter who’ll build relationships across our organisation to understand data availability, accuracy, and interpreting meaningful insights. Able to evaluate data and information gathered from multiple systems to derive meaning and deliver accurate and reliable insights for supporting our programmes of work.
- Equipped with the relevant experience and qualifications in data analytics, including experience using tools such as Tableau and the Microsoft BI Stack – SQL, SSRS
- Experienced in data warehousing strategy and the integration of multiple heterogeneous data sources into a single warehouse.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job no: 236850
Closing Date: Closing 25/9/2019 - Apply Now!