Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Dietitian – Older Persons Health and Rehabilitation
- Fixed-term, part-time opportunity (16hr per week) until approximately November 2020
- Join our supportive team who are passionate about continued professional development
- Current NZ Registration with the Dietitians Board is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our older persons’ health and rehabilitation services (OPH&R) located at Burwood Hospital cover assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and psychiatric services for the elderly in inpatient, outpatient, day services and community settings.
We’re looking for a NZ Registered Dietitian to join our team on a fixed-term, part-time basis working 20 hours per week, to help assist with the increased demand for our services over the winter months.We’re seeking an enthusiastic, positive team player with a good mix of clinical experience and a desire to learn more.
This is a part-time (16hr per week), fixed-term opportunity providing crucial support to our service until approximately November 2020. These hours will ideally be worked across 3 days, with start and finishing times to be negotiated.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing clinical dietetics to the Older Persons Health and Rehabilitation Service through clinical nutrition advice, setting goals, treatment, and education;
- Working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide a holistic approach to service provision;
- Providing nutritional education to patients within the service, enthusing and motivating real behaviour change;
- Ensuring effective and efficient record-keeping for patient files.
Your skills will include:
- A drive to ensure best health outcomes for people with nutrition related disorders;
- The ability to work within a team and contribute to the provision of quality care within the service;
- Being self-motivated, organised and enjoy a challenge;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships with patients and other people within the service;
- New Zealand Registered Dietitian with a current NZ Practising Certificate;
- 2 years’ post-qualification experience is advantageous, with demonstrated experience across a variety of nutrition and dietetic areas.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: PC0777457
Closing Date: Sunday, 5 April 2020