Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Director Of Nursing
We are currently recruiting for a new Director of Nursing for the West Coast DHB and while we are undertaking the recruitment process we are looking for someone to be seconded into the role.
- Secondment/ Fixed term Contract is for up to 4 months in a full time, fixed term role (40hrs per week)
- NZ Registered Nurse with exceptional leadership skills
- Previous experience in a senior nursing management position with excellent relationship building skills and organisational skills.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Professional leadership of all nursing services across the
DHB including rural, primary, community and secondary care.
- Supporting nursing leadership and clinical governance across the organisation.
- Representation of the DHB at national and regional levels.
This is a distinctive role within the West Coast DHB leading our nursing teams to continue to make the West Coast leaders in rural health delivery. This role will be working alongside our other leaders to ensure that the WCDHB’s is excelling in providing care to our rural and remote communities. This role working within a unique environment with multiple areas of growth for the right person- this would be an excellent role for someone who is looking to step up into a top level role or who is looking for a change.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Be a Registered
Nurse with a current NZNC annual practising certificate
- Excellent emotional intelligence & Strong change management skills
- Act strategically and communicate a vision and sense of purpose.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team, as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: WC235345
Closing Date: Sunday, 3 February 2019