Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week)
- Support and engage a large team of pharmacy professionals in a hospital setting
- NZ Registration as a Pharmacist with current APC is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Hospital Pharmacy Service is looking for a Dispensary Supervisor to join our team! We’re responsible for providing all in-patient dispensing to the patients admitted to Christchurch Hospital. Our pharmacy staff are an integral part of the clinical team at the hospital by working with health professionals and patients to promote best practice and safe use of medicines.
This is a permanent full time opportunity for a NZ Registered Pharmacist with current annual practicing certificate, who has the ability to support and engage a large team of pharmacy professionals in providing an effective and efficient dispensing and distribution service.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and coordinating dispensing and distribution services;
- Providing supervision and training to pharmacy staff including pharmacists, technicians and assistants;
- Quality assurance activities and record maintenance;
- Approving departmental protocol, Standard Operating Procedures and staff training manuals in conjunction with the Pharmacy Professional Lead.
Your skills will include:
- NZ Registration as a Pharmacist with current APC is essential;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and engage staff in training and professional development;
- The ability to develop relationships with internal and external staff, associations and organisations;
- Competence in writing and collating technical documents and utilising pharmacy software.
We welcome applications from experienced pharmacists with either community or hospital backgrounds.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job no: PC0536659
Closing Date: 25 September 2019