Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
District Nurse – Southern District Nursing, Hokitika
- Fixed term, part time District Nurse role working 0.9FTE within our Southern District Nursing team based in Hokitika, covering parental leave until September 2024
- Registered Nurse with Current Annual Practicing Certificate along with 2-3 years post graduate general nursing experience
- Excellent communication, teamwork, organisational skills and holistic approach to practice
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
- Providing high quality care for our patients from our diverse community
- Patient management and documentation control
- Assisting across the wider team where needed.
Our team in the Southern locality are currently looking for a skilled nurse who is looking to diversify their skills to step into this community role. You will be working within the district nursing team seeing patients in clinics onsite as well as visiting them in their own homes. You will be completing duties in areas relating to surgical services, medical and palliative nursing. You will be assisting in a holistic way and may also provide support to colleagues in South Westland on occasion.
Fixed term dates are from 11th September 2023, until 6th September 2024.
Ko wai koe - About You
- High levels of empathy in this role
- Strong initiative and ability to think on your feet
- Enthusiasm and a desire to work collaboratively within the high preforming team
- Passion and drive to up skill and develop your scope of practice.
Mō mātou – About us
From July last year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt – Recruitment Specialist – Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.