Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Expression of Interest | House Officer | Commencing 1 October 2023
Kia hiwa ra! Kia hiwa!
Mō mātou | About us
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
When you work with Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand – Waitaha Canterbury District, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Facilities within Waitaha Canterbury District include:
- Christchurch Women’s Hospital
- Hillmorton Hospital and the Princes Margaret Hospital – Mental Health Services
- Burwood Hospital – Older Persons Health and Rehabilitation Services, including the Spinal injuries Unit
- Ashburton Hospital - General Hospital, south of Christchurch
You will gain world class experience with varied case mixes and a high level of medical education, training and supervision. With 600 Resident Doctors employed at Waitaha Canterbury you will join a team committed to serving their community. You can learn more here
Ko wai koe | About You
- Full-time House Officer positions available from Q4 (16 July 2023)
- You will have at least 1 years of post-graduate experience (PGY2+) - Please note we do not currently have any PGY1 positions available
- Currently working in New Zealand
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills & Experience
- You will have at least 1 years of post-graduate experience (PGY2+)
- Knowledge and commitment of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how the principles can be applied to health.
- A willingness to grow and further develop an equity lens and skillset, both to assist Māori and minority groups.
- You must be
eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical
Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the
Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Ngā hua | Benefits
- Live in a vibrant city, with a creative undercurrent. We have hills, beaches and ski fields a short drive from Christchurch City. To find out more, visit http://bit.ly/2n9sr32
- Enhance your career with first class training and supervision from the Medical Education & Training Unit (METU)
- Be supported by our Resident Doctors’ Support Team (RDST)
- Access support at all hours, including after-hours support from the Clinical Team Coordinators and SMOs
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Has this interested you to join us here in Canterbury? Click apply now and in the application form you will be asked to select your speciality preference(s), please note due to current staffing arrangements and training requirements, vacancies may not occur in some service.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, and
- Contact details for three referees (which will be contacted right away)
For further information, email RDST@cdhb.health.nz
Pandemic Vaccination Statement
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.