Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Two Year Fixed Term
- Opportunity to work with South Islands Largest Employer
- An exciting role offering diversity
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people who live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Role: Where you fit in
Our team prides itself on team work and getting the job done, we provide quality service to enable the Information Services Department to meet its obligations if your values match ours then you should apply now!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
The Canterbury District Health Board’s Information Services Department is looking for a Field Technician. In addition to PC and Laptop support, the team also support a vast variety of other devices as well as supporting and troubleshooting many applications both over the phone and face to face with the customer.
The role will be based in our Durham Street office and will assist with the support of more than 10,000 users and 8,000 devices across Canterbury. There will also be a requirement for the person to work on the on-call roster.
Other areas that you will be responsible for include, but are not limited to:
- Building laptops and computers from a network image
- Application support and installation
- Supporting Microsoft Office Products
- Problem analysis and fault resolution
- Assisting customers in person as well as remotely
- Troubleshooting of desktop hardware/software/network connectivity issues.
To be successful you will need to bring:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Desktop or IT support role
- Excellent problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A customer focused approach
- The ability to explain complex issues in a manner the customer can understand
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
For additional information about this role please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: PC0560138
Closing Date: Sunday, 27 October 2019