Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health and Safety Advisor
- Permanent full time position
- Exciting role offering diversity and engagement
- Professional development opportunities
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The People and Capability team is all about putting people at the centre of everything we do, making the world of work, work better for the more than 10,000 people working at the Canterbury and West Coast DHBs. Because when people work better, care works better.
We’re doing this through leaders like you who are working with others keep our workforce healthy, safe and well.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing Health and Safety technical advice and guidance to support managers and staff across the CDHB and WCDHB including facilitating/supporting Risk Assessments
- Providing a high level of technical support for the Safety Advisors and Health and Safety Co-ordinator to ensure accurate, consistent advice and service delivery to managers and staff across the CDHB and WCDHB
- Health and Safety Management System design and development in consultation with stakeholders (procedures, process, guidance and tools).
- Supporting the organisation to deliver and operationalise the Health and Safety Management System
- Promoting a proactive health and safety culture across the organisation
- Leading or supporting the development and implementation of health and safety initiatives and programmes
- Supporting the Safety Advisors in administering the Worker Participation Framework
- Oversight of Health and Safety Committees – ensures committee meetings are held and meet the requirements of the Terms of Reference
- Design and delivery of health and safety related training as directed by the Health and Safety Manager (where needs are identified and where internal training is appropriate)
- Serious Event Response and Investigations –technical support during incident response and leading serious / thematic investigations
- Providing technical expertise on the changes to H&S Legislation and WorkSafe NZ expectations
- 1st party health and safety assurance activities to ensure Compliance with legislative and audit standards
- High level of technical health and safety competence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Level 6 qualification or equivalent in health and safety
- Experience in safety event investigation and causal analysis
- At least five years in a senior health and safety advisor role
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and audit standards
- Computer literate, competent in the use of the Microsoft Suite including; Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and the ability to self-manage
- Experience training, facilitating and presenting to large groups.
- Coaching of staff and managers in Health and Safety matters
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job no: PC0741963
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15 April 2020