Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health Promoter – Hauora Māori
- Permanent part time role working 32hrs per week based in Greymouth
- Previous experience in community based projects & excellent connections across the West Coast Māori community.
- Strong knowledge of Tikanga Māori & excellent written and verbal communication skills. A current drivers licence is required for this role
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Participate in Planning & Implementation of projects as decided by with wider team
- Work in partnership with Maori to deliver health promotion programs
- Provide Health Promotion advice and support to internal & external stakeholders
This role is working within the Community & Public Health team based in there Greymouth office and will be responsible for Health Promotion within the Māori communities. You will work primarily with Te Tai o Poutini communities to improve Māori health and reduce health inequalities. Building relationships with Iwi, hapu and whānau of Te Tai Poutini are central to this role. It is an excellent role for someone with a background in public health and/or health promotion looking to take their next step in their career.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Competent computer skills & high levels of organisational skills
- An awareness of the health and political environment that services operate in, and the ability to identify opportunities within this environment.
- A strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and working bi-culturally as well as basic Te Reo would be advantageous.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in public health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around people in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in public health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: PC0375571
Closing Date: Wednesday, 3 July 2019