Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health Promoter – Pacific Health
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week)
- Work with our pacific community in addressing their varying health needs and improving health outcomes;
- Health promotion experience along with experience working with Pacific communities is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
At Community and Public Health, we provide public health services to those people living in Canterbury, South Canterbury, and West Coast Regions.
Our Supporting Community Action Team based at our Christchurch office are looking for a Health Promoter to work with our pacific community in addressing their varying health needs. Our team has an equity focus in helping communities to identify and address their individual health priorities, including housing, active transport, sexual health, nutrition, mental wellbeing and smoking cessation.
Travel within Christchurch is required for this role, and you may be required to work within external health provider settings. The days and hours required for this role are Monday – Friday during standard business hours. There may also be events and workshops outside of standard work hours which will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Taking a community development approach to delivering culturally appropriate health promotion;
- Working collaboratively with other pacific health providers and communities to identify their individual health priorities;
- Develop and implement health promotion strategies based on the identified community needs;
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships with Pacific communities and external pacific health agencies.
Your skills will include:
- Health promotion experience along with experience working with Pacific communities;
- Health promotion qualification is desirable but not essential;
- A minimum of an NZ restricted driver’s license is essential (a full license is advantageous).
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job no: PC058033
Closing Date: 22 September 2019