House Officers – November 2017
Permanent/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
At Canterbury District Health Board, you will gain world class experience in the South Island’s largest tertiary, teaching and research hospitals. These hospitals provide a full range of emergency, acute, elective and outpatient services. With over 450 Resident Doctors employed at the CDHB, we pride ourselves on our level of medical education, training and supervision.
- Live in a vibrant and emerging city, with a creative undercurrent.
- If you enjoy the outdoors, the hills and beaches are a 20 minute drive from the city! Enjoy skiing? We have 13 ski fields within a 2-4 hour drive of the city. To find out more, visit: http://www.pocketsofawesome.co.nz/things-to-do/why-christchurch-should-make-your-bucket-list/
- Full-time, fixed-term and permanent opportunities
- Rotate around a variety of medical, surgical and relief runs (4 runs of 3 months’ duration)
What’s in it for Me?
- We will help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you.
- Accelerate your development with protected training sessions and a progressive learning environment.
- Feel confident with support available from senior nursing staff and Senior Medical Officers.
- Benefit from accredited training programmes in later years, such as Emergency (ACEM), Paediatric (RACP) and O&G (FRANCOG).
Skills & Experience
- You will have completed at least one year following graduation (PGY1+ or FY1+) by November 2017. Please note that advanced training is unnecessary (see http://www.healthcareers.org.nz/international/GettingStarted/Registration/MedicalProfessionals/tabid/503/language/en-US/Default.aspx).
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below. You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees.
For further information, email Tessa Jamieson at: Tessa.Jamieson@cdhb.health.nz.
Closing Date: Please apply now!