Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
· A unique opportunity to help the Canterbury DHB continue to be a vigorous supporter of innovation
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people who live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Canterbury DHB recognises that innovation is a fundamental process that is at the heart of improving healthcare. The Canterbury DHB wishes to continue to be a vigorous supporter of innovation that has the potential to improve the health of its community and beyond.
The Via Innovations Team was established to accelerate innovation within the Canterbury Health System (and the New Zealand Health Innovation Hub - NZHIH). The Via Innovations Team work with people who have good ideas with commercial potential, from anywhere in the health system, and provide them with a range of support to get their innovations out to the people and communities that need them.
The Role: Where you fit in
The Innovations Director will ensure Via co-develops products and services between the Canterbury DHB and Industry; structures aspects of clinical validation and reference site testing for innovations; fosters and manages relationships within the innovation system that pertain to heath and provides a mechanism for clinicians and industry to obtain NZHIH support and funding. This in turn supports and assists the continuation of the strong culture of innovation within the Canterbury DHB that is focused on improving health outcomes for our community.
In this role, you responsibilities are:
- Leading, mentoring and developing the Via Team to achieve objectives
- Mentoring colleagues and Canterbury DHB clinical and non-clinical staff in the transfer of evidence based research into clinical and management practice and innovation
- Coordinating the direct and indirect provision of DHB services and client interface with commercial partners, including service pricing
- Identifying and growing Via Innovation revenue streams which arise as a result of alliance and partnership development activities
- Engaging with regional industry organisations and partners, on identification and development of strategic initiatives relevant to the economic development of the Canterbury region
Your skills will include:
- Business degree or other qualification in a relevant field of management; or an equivalent track record in business
- Possess broad knowledge of the Health Sector, and an understanding of the political environment in which the health sector operates, nationally and internationally
- Strong Health, government and health technology industry linkages
- A champion of innovation who is up to date with developments and innovations in health, nationally and internationally
- Well-developed commercial acumen of IP with a history of developing and implementing strategies that have demonstrated positive business outcomes
- Sound financial, strategic and risk management skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful business development and management, ideally in the environment of health innovation
- Ability to develop networks, and leverage off these networks to develop mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
- A strong leader with a history of enabling, managing and developing staff to achieve desired outcomes
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Job no: PC0370726
Closing Date: Closes 26/8/2019 - Apply Now!