Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
LMC Midwife Buller Region
- Our Maternity Team in Buller is looking for self-employed midwives to work alongside their team
- This is an excellent role for any LMC midwife looking for a change
This role will be working in the Buller Birthing Practice which is a Primary Unit lead practice that provides free clinic space to see clients & a caseload of 2-5 women per month.
Working here you’ll be eligible to access some great benefits:
· A sustainability package per woman under your care.
· Extra fees for being a second midwife through both Section 88 and the primary unit.
· All women qualify for remote rural mileage.
· Free education session with your fellow LMC midwives on the Coast.
· Eligible for support via the NZ College of Midwives Rural Midwifery Recruitment and Retention Service (RMRRS) including 9 days Locum cover per year and the possibility of a rural relocation grant.
A new purpose built health facility, including primary birthing, is being planned right now; join us to help shape a modern and woman centred space for the future.
On top of that, you’ll be working in the Buller Region which has lots to offer:
- Explore the great outdoors with beautiful walks, tramping huts, surfing, kayaking and bike trails.
- Pulse Energy Recreation Centre for sports, gyms and indoor pools.
- NBS theatre and a range of restaurants
- Westport has the lowest living costs in the country
- Daily flights to Wellington with Sounds Air from Westport. Buses travel to Nelson, Christchurch and Franz Josef.
You’ll need current NZ Midwifery Registration and a current practicing certificate, but more importantly we’re interested in you being experienced and supportive of primary birthing. You’ll be committed to providing quality care, have excellent communication skills and be dedicated to building good work relationships, be experienced and supportive of Primary care. A new Graduate Midwife will be considered.
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time, Locum
Job no: WC236268
Location: Buller and Northern Areas
Closing Date: Sunday, 4 August 2019