Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Permanent full time opportunity (1.0FTE/40hr per week)
- NZ registration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Laboratory Technician
- Join a leading edge reference laboratory in our Specialist Testing Cluster!
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
At the Canterbury Health Laboratories (CHL), our Specialist Testing Cluster is proud of its status as a leading edge reference laboratory. Within our Specialist Testing Cluster we have over 65 skilled and dedicated Scientists and Technicians working across several specialist areas including: Specialist Chemistry, Protein Chemistry, Immunology, Endocrinology, Steroids and Toxicology. We are one of the few diagnostic health laboratories in New Zealand that develop new and innovative tests to meet changing healthcare needs.
Immunology is a small department with a wide range of techniques, from traditional countercurrent electrophoresis to novel application of HPLC to measure biologic drug levels. We are committed to providing the best diagnostic testing for our patients and pride ourselves on our innovation and ability to introduce in-house assays before commercial assays become available.
We’re looking for a NZ Registered Medical Laboratory Scientist (or Registered Medical Laboratory Technician with a commitment to diploma completion) to join our Immunology team on a permanent, full time basis!
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting Immunofluoresce assays (manual and automated), Allergy testing (both blood tests and skin prick testing), Elisas, RIA, line blots, gel electrophoresis, flow cytometry and HPLC;
- Effectively and efficiently utilising the laboratory information system to register patients, input data, and access results;
- Developing and maintaining your skills and professional expertise through teaching sessions and educational meetings.
Your skills will include:
- A client/patient focus and passion for delivering a high quality service;
- NZ Registration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with current annual practicing certificate (consideration may also be given to a registered Medical Laboratory Technician who is committed to completing the extramural Graduate Diploma in Science which permits the transfer to MLS);
- Practical skills to work in a specialist laboratory such as experience with HPLC, electrophoresis, Elisas, Flow cytometry, etc.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job no: PC0443971
Closing Date: 29th July 2019