Medical Secretary - Oncology
Our Purpose: What We’re Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We’re world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we’re always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region and we’re all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we’re putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
What matters to us is doing the right thing, valuing everyone, and being and staying well ourselves so we can care for our community.
The Role: What This Opportunity’s All About
Our Oncology Department is looking for an experienced medical secretary to join its team. This is a pivotal supporting role arranging patient bookings and managing related processes, as well as providing administrative support to the department.
Due to two of our valued team members retiring, we have two permanent, part time roles available:
- 24 hours per week, consisting of 8 hour shifts. This position requires availability Mon-Fri.
- 32 hours per week, consisting of 8 hour shifts. This position requires availability Mon-Fri
Please specify which role you are applying for in your cover letter.
- Arranging patient bookings and patient flow
- Typing a range of letters and documents, primarily via Winscribe
- General clerical and administrative tasks
- Entering information to the patient management system
- Answering phones and communicating with patients and their families
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have secretarial and administrative experience
- Have accurate typing skills and type with reasonable speed; ideally with dictation experience
- Have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy in your work
- Be an excellent communicator and uphold a professional manner with patients and colleagues
- Have strong computer skills
- Ideally have a health background or a basic understanding of medical terminology
- Be able to prioritise and keep calm in busy situations
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you’ll seriously consider joining us, but if this isn’t a good fit for you, please share the opportunity with your personal networks and help us find our next rock star!
If this particular role isn’t for you we do have other similar opportunities; please look on our careers page or give us a call to discuss.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Recruitment Specialist Anna Canning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job no: 234981
Closing Date: 22 November 2018