Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Midwife Manager Kurawaka Waipapa.
Are you a passionate and dedicated Midwife Manager seeking a rewarding opportunity to lead and inspire?
Te Whatu Ora Waitaha is excited to announce a golden opportunity to be part of our extraordinary Maternity Services team as the Midwife Manager at Kurawaka: Waipapa, our brand new Central City Community Maternity Unit. If you're ready to embrace a role where you can make a real difference in the lives of māmā, pēpi, and whānau from all walks of life, we want you on our team!
At Te Whatu Ora Waitaha, we are committed to providing outstanding maternity care rooted in the values of Ōritetanga, Whanaungatanga, Tino rangatiratanga, Oranga tonutanga, and Aroha. We aim to create a nurturing environment where cultural safety, inclusivity, and excellence in care are our guiding principles.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As the Midwife Manager at Kurawaka: Waipapa, you will be the clinical leader and manager of an exceptional team, ensuring that every māmā, pēpi, and whānau, regardless of their background, receives exceptional care.
Key Result Areas and Expected Outcomes:
· Ensuring kaimahi are enabled and supported to provide culturally safe care to all whānau. Kaimahi support whānau in a way that respects the needs of the hapū whānau to be confident and achieve tino rangatiratanga.
· Assisting all hapū whānau to have access to adequate and culturally appropriate resources that enable Pae Ora.
· Encouraging well hapū whānau to confidently plan their labour and birth in a community maternity unit.
· Supporting the use of rongoā and other traditional practices within whānau as part of acknowledging the cultural diversity within our community.
· Providing appropriate information, support and pathways as we work alongside LMC midwives to support them to provide pregnancy support within the community and/or if a transfer to the secondary/ tertiary setting is required
· Provision of birthing options that meet the needs of hapū whānau to receive care in the right place and at the right time.
· Working to create a hub and spoke model for access to secondary and tertiary level maternity services when required and enabling timely access when these are needed.
· Supporting parents and caregivers to meet their, and their pēpi’s needs within the cultural frameworks they identify with to enable the best start to that pēpi’s life.
· Experience as a Registered Midwife with a current practicing certificate.
· Managerial/clinical leadership experience with a strategic mindset.
· A deep commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, Turanga Kaupapa, and equitable outcomes for Māori.
· Knowledge of relevant software and computer literacy.
If you are ready to embark on this inspiring journey of maternity care excellence, please submit your application, including a Cover Letter and Current CV.
We encourage you to apply and be part of a remarkable team dedicated to delivering exceptional maternity care and making a meaningful difference in the lives of those we serve.
If you have any further questions or need assistance with your application, please feel free to reach out to Lily Simons at email@example.com Join us in delivering culturally safe, exceptional maternity care at Kurawaka: Waipapa, and be a part of the change that truly matters.